- Multi-Vehicle Use - Trucks, Vans, Bus, Coach, RVs (Recreational Vehicle), SUVs (Sports Utility Vehicle) and Hatch-Backs.
- Low Profile, Smallest Footprint Lens, No Window Obscurity
- The Only ‘Peel Back’ Self-Adhesive Fresnel Lens available
- Multi-Positional Lens Fits All Vehicle Types (LHD & RHD)
- Easy to install in seconds
- Strong Adhesive surround ensures the lens will not easily peel off when passing through the doors rubber weather seal
Hi Vu is the new Low Profile, Self-Adhesive, Multi-Vehicle Use, Anti-Blind Spot Fresnel Lens that is made in PVC material and designed to press-fit to the inside of a vehicle’s window glass.
Hi Vu is a “Next Generation” Fresnel lens that has been produced because truck drivers observed that previous, larger lens models took up too much passenger window space which obscured the driver’s view of more distant, fast oncoming nearside traffic at road junctions. Hi Vu is a neater, much smaller, ‘low profile’ lens (21cm x 12cm) that takes little space within the window area so that at road junctions the driver can easily see past the lens to on-coming traffic, without it interrupting his long distance view, up the road.
Hi Vu has the advantage of being the only Fresnel lens that comes with an easy, ‘Peel-Back’ adhesive surround for press fitting to glass so you get a bubble-free fix. Its super thin, flexible ‘water clear’ PVC material and its strong adhesive surround ensures that the lens will not get easily peeled off when it passes through the door’s rubber weather seal. A driver’s fear that a lens might get caught up in a door’s window winding mechanism are therefore negated.
HGV SIDESWIPES – THE FACTS!
Due to a blind spot, drivers of trucks cannot see smaller vehicles or other vulnerable road users which are immediately next to the passenger side door of their HGV. These unseen road users can be hit if the truck changes lane in their direction.
VOSA says, “Even the latest HGVs with a full complement of six mirrors, in compliance with the latest EU directive, still have blind spots to the passenger side which are large enough to hide a family saloon car. The solution is to fit a special Fresnel lens.”
VOSA has conducted trials which have proven that by fitting Fresnel lenses to vehicles, both the frequency and the severity of “sideswipe” accidents is reduced.
PRESS FIT A HI VU
Although the Hi Vu Fresnel lens is a visual device for drivers, it’s not a mirror. It is a clear, thin, flat plastic lens that is press fitted to a truck’s passenger door window glass.
Its concentric ring surface allows the driver to see through it directly, so it’s not a reflected view. Its optical qualities provide a wide angle, downwards view close to and around the truck’s passenger door.
VARIOUS VEHICLE TYPE WINDOW FITTING POSITIONS
- Fit it horizontally to cover the nearside downward blind-spots on Trucks & RVs to enable the driver to see pedestrians, cyclists, motor-bikes and cars.
- Fit it vertically to Vans or SUVs on the nearside passenger window to see what’s hidden behind and outwards from the vehicle’s side panelling. Ideal for making difficult lane change manoeuvres or blind angle reversing.
- Fit it horizontally in rear windows of Vans, SUVs or Hatchbacks as a reversing aid, to counter close proximity low-to-ground blind spot hazards, such as small children.
Fit it simply by peeling back the self-adhesive cover surrounding the clear border of the lens and press it to the clean window glass for an instantly firm, water-free, bubble-free fix.