he CatClamp MAXX is the first and only catalytic converter locking device to pass strict independent testing and be awarded Secured by Design membership.
Thieves are crawling under vehicles and stealing the catalytic converter portion of the exhaust system. If they use a cordless saw, it’s gone in 45 seconds or less. On some vehicle models, a socket wrench gets the job done in a minute or two.
Unscrupulous scrap metal dealers are after the platinum and other precious metals inside. The vehicle is then left disabled, the exhaust system is damaged and repair bills can run from £500 to £2,500 or more.
The CatClampMAXX was invented to prevent thieves from stealing your catalytic converter. Its exclusive, patent pending, cable cage design surrounds converters with an aircraft grade stainless steel cable cage that’s virtually impossible to cut. Locked to the car or truck’s chassis with cable loops, it’s far too much trouble for thieves in a hurry.
About the CatClampMAXX
The CatClamp MAXX was invented by the owner of American Welding Inc. a reputable custom fabrication job shop in Toledo, OH. The company was approached by a long time customer with a large fleet of vehicles about solving the problem of catalytic converter theft on their trucks.
After a year and half of intense testing and development by engineers, professionals with 20+ years of metalworking experience and fleet managers of large companies, the CatClamp MAXX converter lock has proven itself to be a superior product and sets the benchmark for catalytic converter security.
The CatClamp MAXX offers multiple layers of security and features the competition simply cannot offer.
- All stainless steel heavy-duty clamp construction with large gauge aircraft grade 304 stainless steel cable for added security and durability.
- Includes hardware for permanent installation (shear bolts) or owner removable installation (tamper proof security bit). Method of installation can be determined by the customer at time of fit.
- No cutting, drilling, welding or special tools needed
- Stainless steel column which completely houses the security bolts which prevents the cutting of the bolts.
- New improved cable system provides 40 feet of cabling which allows the CATCLAMPTM MAXX to be attached to the vehicle chassis up to 7 times allowing for a more secure and universal fit.